Tuesday, February 15, 2011

YF Bible study: Red Letters-the Shepherd (18th) this Friday

It was fun to skate the canal together last Friday! It was fun to skate/talk and enjoy the beavertails and hot chocolate, a big thanks to uncle Eddie and auntie Salina for hosting us, feeding us and letting us get their front hallway all slushy and messy!

This Friday (18th) we will be continuing our study of Jesus, this time as our Shepherd in John chapter 10. We'll spend some time in fellowship, explore God's Word, make personal applications and have a time to focus on God through reflection. This will be a fruitful time in Scripture as we underscore how foundational Christ as our Shepherd is. Bring your Bibles and I pray that each of us would come with an open heart and an anticipation that the Spirit would speak to you.

This Sunday (20th) we will be chapter 5. unit 1: God Speaks in Different Ways, those who have been studying through Experiencing God devotionally have found that the Spirit uses it to renew their minds and hearts. I ran out of copies to distribute but feel free to purchase them at Salem! It's never too late to start.

Getaway worship team, we have a meeting this Saturday (19th) @ CCCO 9:30am - noon, I trust the other Getaway teams know their meeting dates as well :)

There are baptism opportunities this Easter service, if you have been praying about baptism please let me know as soon as possible! :) I'll be sharing at the Lisgar Collegiate Christian club next month and I'm available to the rest of you as well, I really want to know how I can serve you and your schools too! Let me know if you would like to catch up and pray together too!

Upcoming:
Montreal Winterness on Feb 26th - Return FORMS ASAP (attached) There will be skidoos, skating.... and winter goodness as well as meals, transportation etc. I`ve attached the Waiver form to your e-mail and promo (produced by Brad and Rae-Anne!) so please get those back to us ASAP as we need to arrange for rides. This is a perfect event to invite your friends to YF as well!
Getaway: Know my Voice. Ten Four (March 18-20).
30 Hour Famine: We are doing the 30 Hour Famine this year! I've asked the other pastors and they are down. April 8-9th!
For those who are prayerfully considering missions in Ouje, our dates would be June 26th - July 2nd. There is potential that the trip could be longer than previous years, but that is the Teen Camp date. Pastor Enoch and I hope this doesn't overlap with exam dates as it has in previous years.

See you all on Friday!